Purpose and Scope of this Policy
We collect personal information directly from you when you fill in a form on our main site or apply for a current opportunity advertised on our job site. To apply for a current opportunity please register with our jobs website, this is operated on our behalf by Basis. (Basis Media Ltd, 2nd Floor the Watermill, Broughton Business Estate, Broughton, Nr Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 3AG)
Purpose and Disclosures
We use information submitted through the contact us form on our main site to deal with your enquiry, comment or feedback.
We use personal information submitted through our job site or talent bank to consider you for any position that you apply for.
We disclose job-related personal information to our job site and talent bank provider
You have the right to see the information that we hold on you and to get mistakes corrected. For access or correction, contact our data protection office, details can be found in the ‘How to reach us’ section below.
Your information is protected by UK data protection law. For further information, please visit the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.gov.uk.
How to Reach Us
By email at email@example.com or write to Legal Services, IPL Ltd, Unit 1, Foxbridge Lane, Normanton, West Yorkshire, WF6 1TN.
The Small Print
IPL is wholly owned by Asda. We are the biggest single importer of produce in the UK. We control supply chains and remove middlemen and agents to create value for Wal-Mart customers and shareholders.
We are the “data controller” of your personal information. That means we decide what to use your personal information for and how to use it, for example what equipment or filing system to use (but we may delegate the “how” decision to a supplier, called a “data processor”, that acts on our behalf). We are entered in the Information Commissioner’s register of data controllers with registration number Z9964578.
Here is some more information about us:
|Name||International Procurement & Logistics Ltd, a company registered in England & Wales with company no. 05104448|
|Registered office||Asda House,
South Bank, Great Wilson Street,
|Head office||Unit 1,
Foxbridge Way, Normanton,
|Telephone||+44 (0) 1924 244444|
|Our VAT number:||880 9849 64|
Information we may collect from you
These are the types of personal information that we may collect and use:
Information you give us. You may do this by:
- filling in a form on our site, to contact us or send us comments or feedback or applying for a current opportunity advertised on our job site
- corresponding with us (through the site or not), for example to report a problem with the site or with an order.
The information you give us must include your name, email address, subject and message (marked with a * on the form). You may also give us your company name and telephone number, but these are optional.
Information we collect about you. When you visit our site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, for example your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and any site you visited before and after our site (with the date and time).
- information about your visit, for example, whether you are logged in to our job site or not, the page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
Cookies and Web Beacons
No cookies are used on our main site.
We do not use web beacons (tracking devices) on either of our sites.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to deal with your enquiry, feedback or comment that you provide through our main site
- to consider you for any current opportunity that you apply for through our job site, and if you are successful, for our employment of you.
Information we may collect about you. We may use this information:
- to operate and maintain our site, for example troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure if you are successful, for our employment of you.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal information with any of our group companies. We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- Basis, who operate the jobs website on our behalf, as well as the talent bank
- suppliers who process information on our behalf, such as a hosting company or other IT service provider.
These third parties will have incidental access to your information but will be obliged to act only on our instructions and to keep your information secure.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the context of any merger or acquisition, including in any preceding discussions or negotiations that may or may not lead to a sale; for example, we may sell our business or assets such as a customer database, or we may be acquired by a third party
- if we are under a legal duty, or if we are permitted by law, to share your information. For example, we may disclose your information to law enforcement or regulatory bodies if required to do so by them. We may also disclose your information to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings. Finally, we may share your information in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety and those of our customers, or others.
Where we store your personal information
We will store the data that we collect from you in the UK.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not secure. If you send us an email or contact us through the main site or our job site, your information will not be encrypted.
[You must keep your personal profile password confidential. You must not share your password with anyone.]
You can delete/anonymise your account at any time by logging into your personal profile and clicking [Delete my Account]. This anonymises your information in line with current GDPR legislation
Access to Information
You have the right to access the information we hold on you. Please write to our Data Protection Officer at Data.Protection@ipl-ltd.com. We may need to ask you for further information to satisfy ourselves as to your identity and to locate the information requested. There is a £10 fee.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to other third party websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility for them. Before you submit any personal information to these websites, please check their privacy policies.
This policy was last updated 6th June 2018